Thursday, July 1, 2010

Well, crap!

Another dreary, never-ending Thursday is here and thank god, almost over. The Crowe BarFlies had a tough match against the Stafford Ye "Olde" Puckers last night. 

Lexie and I of course got to the bar late, it being the last day of the month, and already Taco and Dave had won the first game against John and Doc.

Unfortunately, that was the last win for the BarFlies. We managed to lose the next 4 games in a row 9-15, 14-17, 10-17 and 11-15. We tried our best but it wasn't to be. In all of our games we had good shots, great shots, questionable shots and bad shots. They were all heart breakers. We'd gain a little then fall back. Ugh! That was a tough match!

When I started this blog I would try to have a funny quote from that night. Most of the time I just forgot to write something down and the Miller Lite washed it out of my memory forever. But that changed last night.

Quote of the night: "If I wasn't holding John's head I would have put my foot in his ass." -Keith

So here's the story. Last season when we played at Stafford Ice House, John from our team fainted and hit the ground pretty hard. It scared the hell out of us. So the ambulance was called and John came to. Then this guy started asking him all these dumb ass questions and John was getting a little aggravated and all of us were like "Who the hell is this guy?" I'm sure this guy didn't mean anything by the bone head questions he was asking but John's whole team was there for him, to keep him conscious but we couldn't get to him because of this dude. That guy is who Keith is referring to in this quote. I don't really remember why we started talking about that last night (surprise surprise) but when Keith said that line I had to write it down.

So back to shuffleboard. Next week we are back at the Crowe Bar and up against Woodie's Ice House. We HAVE to get it together to break our 3 game losing streak. Maybe next week will be our week! Man, I hope so!


Record
6-6

Next Opponent - Woodie's Ice House

Go BarFlies!
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails