Sunday, March 28, 2010

Practice in the form of a Blind Draw

My husband Kevin and I host a shuffleboard blind draw at the bar we play for (did I mention that we are on separate teams). Anyone who wants to play pays $5 and we draw cards to partner up. Recently we've only had about 8 people playing but that's okay. You only have to win one game and you're in the money. 



We've started to play a game called 3 Strikes afterwards. 3 Strikes is a lagging game (which I'm not very good at, I'm a knock-off player). In this game you have three pucks of one color - your scorers, and one of the opposite color - your multiplier. The object of this game is to score higher than the person in front of you and if you don't you get a strike. We also use the long or deep foul line for this game which can make it a little trickier. Another aspect of the game is that wherever the pucks are, that's where you throw from. If you play this game long enough, you'll start to favor certain sides of certain boards.


The first person throws. Let's say his name is Bob. Bob throws three blue pucks and they are all in the one point range. Then he throws his red puck and it lands on a two. So Bob has scored a six. Mary is after Bob and needs a seven to not get a strike. She scores a four so gets her first strike. Now Sarah is after Mary and needs a five and so on and so on. The last person standing takes the pot.


Of course higher scores are decidedly hard to beat (well for me) but I would say the hardest score to get is a four. You have to keep all of your scorers on the table past the foul line and get one all the way up to a two. Like with a regular shuffleboard game, there are lots of thank yous thrown around when low scores are scored.


Come to think of it, I don't think I have ever won 3 Strikes. Maybe today will be my lucky day.


Record:
0-1


Go BarFlies!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails