Thursday, April 1, 2010

Down but not Out

7 games! We went the whole 7 games again and again came up short. This is getting old. Really old, really fast!

As figured, I arrived to our match about 30 minutes late, where I was informed that a rule had already been "called" on Cozy Corner I. I don't know exactly what happened but it had something to do with the pucks being cleared before the frame was over. When this happens, the team responsible for clearing the table loses a point and the frame is shot again.

*Tip* If you are ever playing shuffleboard, count the pucks to make sure all 8 have been thrown before you clear the table.

We seemed to be playing pretty well last night. Of course there were some misguided shots and the occasional curse word, but all in all I thought we were going to pull this one out. After the fifth game we were up three games to two and that's when I thought we had it. We just needed one more win. But that last win was just out of reach for the BarFlies and me.

Maybe our lack of wins has to do with strategy. Strategy, in my opinion, is what I lack the most. I'm not the best player but I wouldn't say I'm the worst either. Don't get me wrong, I know how to play, but the intricacies of certain shots and situations elude me. When to knock off, lag, cover or deliberately throw one short is what I struggle with. But I'm learning.

I've said it before and I will continue saying it. I feel a lot of responsibility to guide our team to victory each week and as of yet, have not been able to see it through. I feel terrible that I can't come up with the winning combination. But I'm not giving up. 0-2 is rough but it could be worse, right? The bright side is we CAN'T lose next week!

Quote of the night: "Shoot it to the right. Or just do whatever you want." -Tony

Record:
0-2

Next Opponent - BYE

Go BarFlies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails