Monday, April 5, 2010

Lucky Number 13

We had a whopping 13 people show up for our Easter blind draw yesterday. I think that's the most we've had since we started back up after football season. When we have an uneven number, we do what is called a "buy back". In yesterday's case, the odd man out drew a 7 and didn't know who his partner was until after the first round of games were over. Then any person who had lost their game has the option to put their name in the hat (well draw another card) to play again. The person who draws the highest card pays another $5 and gets another chance to play.

Thanks to my mother-in-law Pat's delicious beans, my partner Ken and I won the blind draw! She told me that if I ate those beans, I would win the tournament. My husband, Kevin, who also ate the magic beans took second place with his partner! What a happy Easter!

So our team has a bye this week (which means we don't play) but Kevin's team, the Crowe Wildpuckers play at home. So I'll be at the bar, rooting for my hubby and the rest of the Wildpuckers. Go Wildpuckers!

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails