Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Three-Peat?

Tomorrow is our 5th shuffleboard game of the season and we are going to try and make it 3 wins in a row. We are playing at Woodie's Ice House which has some controversy swirling around it. Well, I don't know if controversy is the right word but I don't feel like trying to think of a different one.

First off. Their board is not well liked in our league. There are crazy curves and one end can play mean tricks on your pucks. In my opinion (read again -
my opinion), that is called home field advantage. Some in our league will argue that the board is "unplayable" but if there are crazy, tricky spots on the board, the other team has to play and learn those spots too. Don't get me wrong, it aggravates the crap out of me when I can't get my shots to go where I want them, but I've seen Woodie's team go through the same thing. There is a certain learning curve that comes along with shuffleboard, especially on tricky boards.

Secondly, Woodie's has had to forfeit two games already this season. In our league, any team that forfeits three matches in any one half-season of play will be dropped from the league that season. I have heard that they have had to forfeit because they couldn't get enough players to their games at 8 o'clock. That sucks, for everyone involved. It not only sucks for their team, but also the team they are scheduled to play. We've joined the league to play shuffleboard, and that's what we want to do. Am I blaming Woodie's or their players? Of course not. Shit happens, stuff comes up, schedules have to be shuffled. But like I said, it's not fair to anyone, so I feel that the forfeit rule is a must.

I guess what I am saying is that I hope Woodie's has enough players tomorrow night. I don't want them to have to be dropped from our league because I want a chance to prove that we can get 3 wins in a row.

Go BarFlies!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails