Friday, May 14, 2010

Crowe vs. Crowe

Two Crowe Bar shuffleboard teams competing to keep their winning streak alive. But the wrong team won.


Don't get me wrong. Way to go Wildpuckers on beating us, but damn it, I wanted to win!


Game 1 - Match Record 0-0
First up for the good guys (duh, the BarFlies!) was John and Elaine. They got one handicap point and after that the going was a little rocky. Quickly we were down 4-1 but John got in the groove and scored a handful of points. Unfortunately, John and Elaine were no match for the Wildpuckers in game 1. We lost this one 5-16.


Game 2 - Match Record 0-1
Dave and I were up for game 2. Again we started with one handicap point and in the first frame Dave added a point to our total. I scored 5 points in the next 3 frames, then Dave scored one in each of the next 2. By the 10th frame we were up 10-8 and thought we might just take this one. But we were wrong. In the next 3 frames our opponents scored 7 to take it from us 11-15.


It is not looking good for the BarFlies.


Game 3 - Match Record 0-2
The BarFlies put up Margaret and Roger (who we called Trey, you'll find out why in a sec). For something different, we had to give up one handicap point but Margaret made it back in the first frame. For his next 4 frames, Roger scored 3 points... in each frame! By the time we got to the 10th frame, we were up 13-10. Margaret and Roger were able to hold on and win this one 15-10.


Game 4 - Match Record 1-2
Bert and Steve get the call for game 4 and start the game with one handicap point. Bert's out of the gates scoring 3 points total on her first 2 frames. Steve is right behind her, scoring a handful of points. But their opponents are scoring too and are too much for Steve and Bert. Mark another notch on the losing tally, 8-16.


Game 5 - Match Record 1-3
I absolutely hate this position we are in. I played pretty well in my game, so I think I'll put myself up. But Lexie hasn't played a game yet. I want to win and I want to be fair and it's not like I think Lexie can't win. I know she can. I should have played Lexie. Instead I put myself and John up. This game the handicaps were even so no one had the advantage. John and I got beat up. We went down in flames and lost 4-17.


It really, really, really sucks losing. Double that and that's how it feels to me losing to the Wildpuckers. This is the team I want to beat out of any other team in the league. But it wasn't in the cards for us Wednesday night and we'll have another chance at them in the second half of the season. Watch out Wildpuckers.


Next Wednesday is our last game of the first half and we are going up against the Stafford Sandblasters. It should be a good night, they can be a real tough team to beat. We'll just have to do our best!


Record
4-3


Next Opponent - Stafford Sandblasters


Go BarFlies!

1 comment:

  1. sorry you'all were the victims it was a fun night and I enjoyed the after match rap secession stayed way to late but I survived good luck next week
    ken

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails