Friday, May 21, 2010

Sandblastin'

8 PointsImage by DaveFayram via Flickr

The first 9 games of the season are over and the Crowe BarFlies finish with a record of 5-3. If you've been paying attention you that that means we won our game against the Stafford Sandblasters. It took us 6 games but we hung in there and came out on top.

Game 1 - Match Record 0-0
Lexie didn't play last week so I definitely wanted to get her up early. So Lexie and John were partnered up for the first game. They had to give up 4 handicap points (side note: we had to give up handicap points every game) but quickly got it back in the first two frames. Then the scoring frenzy began. John and Lexie only allowed their opponents to score one more point. They dominated this one and won 16-5. Woohoo!

Game 2 - Match Record 1-0
Margaret and Elaine were given the call for game 2 and they had to give up 3 points for handicap. Elaine struggled early but got into the groove around the 5th frame. Margaret scored 4 points in her first frame but unfortunately couldn't score any more after that. Elaine tried to stage a comeback in the 7th frame by scoring 5 points making it 12-13 but without the hammer they couldn't hold on and lost this game 12-17. Good try ladies!

Game 3 - Match Record 1-1
Dave and Roger were up for game 3 and of course, had to give up handicap points, 2 to be exact. Roger scored 3 in the first frame to take an early lead and Dave ran with it, scoring 5 total points in his next 2 frames. Not wanting Dave to have all the fun, Roger scored 2 in the next frame and then the final 5 points in the 7th frame to win it 15-5. Way to go boys!

Game 4 - Match Record 2-1
For game 4, Bert and I were up and had to give up 4 handicap points. I scored 4 in my first frame to tie it up. But our opponents came roaring back with another 4 points. I scored another 2, then Bert scored 1. My opponent made a great shot and hid one of her pucks behind one of mine for 3 points and I just couldn't get it. So it's 7-11 and Bert scores another 4 points to tie it up again. We need 4 and they need 4. It's my frame and I manage to score 4 to take this one 15-11. Phew!

Game 5 - Match Record 3-1
We only need one more game and we win the last game of the half. I decide to but John and Roger up, still trying to break Roger's 2 game curse. He almost always wins his first game but loses the 2nd one. Well the curse was too much for him tonight. After giving up 3 handicap points, John would score the only point for our team. This one ended in 3 frames and we lost 15-1.

Game 6 - Match Record 3-2
C'mon BarFlies! Let's win this one! We put Lexie and myself up again for what we hoped was the final game. After giving up 4 handicap points, Lex and I never let up. Lexie ended up scoring a total of 7 points and I 9 points. We took this one 16-4 to end the half with a win!!

WOOHOO! Way to go BarFlies! I'm extremely happy with our season so far. Sure, there were a few games that we probably should have won but if you think about that too much, you'll (what I actually mean is I'll) go insane! The BarFlies try their best and have a great time doing it! The bottom line is that shuffleboard is fun and we'd like to keep it that way!

So what happens next? Well, we have next week off so all of the handicaps can be re-evaluated and the schedule can be printed and distributed. For the second half of the season, our schedule is flip flopped. If we played a team at their bar the first half, they get to come and play us at the Crowe Bar and vice versa.

The second half of our season is the tougher of the two in my opinion. We have to go to Stafford Ice House twice and to Cozy Corner twice and both of these boards are tricky. I hope you'll keep reading to find out how we do!

**SHUFFLEBOARDERS!!** I would still love to have a guest blogger or even a few guests who would like to write a post about your experience. If you are interested, send me an email and we'll figure it out from there (I'm still pretty new to this blogging stuff too!).

Go BarFlies!
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment:

  1. way to go crowe bar. wildpuckers won over hunters rocks in seven games whew!!! I would like to see who your opponents were in each game
    ken

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails